Saturday, November 5, 2011

Birthday Card

Click HERE for the current Paper Cutz Challenge #116


I made this for my friend, that I have know since I was five. Around the age of seven we started roller skating, we practically lived there. If the rink was open we were there, and we didn't stop until we were about 19. So, I knew when I got this cartridge, that I was going to use this cut for her birthday card. So here it is!







Nifty Fifties cartridge pg. 43 cut at 3.5"
For the edges of the skate I used Stampin Up-lavender lace
The red polka dot paper is from DCWV- dots, stripes & plaids
Sentiment stamp is from PTI- Birthday bash sentiments
Brads for the wheels
Grosgrain black ribbon
Foam tape

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Elaine! That is totally fabulous! Love this card. And your friend will oh so love the memories it brings back for her. That's such a cute story. Have you skated lately?--Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card! I love the colors and I'm sure your friend will enjoy the trip down memory lane. :) Thanks for sharing!

    Come check out my blog's new weekly challenges!

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a roller skater growing up, so I love this card. Memories!

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome card, Elaine!! The colors are so fabulous! I love those roller skates! What great memories this brings back...I used to love parties at the roller rink :D

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit me, and leaving your comments.