Friday, November 4, 2011

Welcome to Paper Cutz Challenge #116

"Gobble, Gobble!" 
Make a card, LO or craft project for Thanksgiving incorporating a recipe for your favorite Thanksgiving dish.  Use any colors you'd like.


Be sure to head over to Paper Cutz Challenge to see what the rest of the DT has in store for  you and link up your project by Nov. 17 th. Midnight EST.
Can't wait to see what you create!
Paper Cutz Challenge is going to EVERY 2 WEEKS beginning with this challenge! 


I made a set of recipe cards for my Thanksgiving Dinner. I host most holidays at my house because I love to cook and because there are 6 of us with food allergies so we do not eat out very often.


This is the front of my set of recipe cards




This is one of the dividers




This is one of my favorite recipes


My recipes are a big mess so since Mary gave us this challenge I thought I would get some of my Thanksgiving recipes in order. So I searched the internet for something to print my recipes on instead of the 8 1/2" x 11" printer paper I had been using and found this site to type in my recipe and print it out on a card. 
http://alenkasprintables.com She has some really cute cards to use, I think they turned out cute. Then I laminated them with this laminator I recently purchased, I think they turned out great!

I used scraps for all of the cuts 


Thanksgiving & turkey cut at 1.5" Simply Charmed pg. 61
Pie cut at 1.5" From My Kitchen pg. 67 removed cherry and added pie vents.
Rooster- cut at 1.5" From My Kitchen pg. 77
Turkey- cut at 2" Animal Kingdom pg. 33
Poultry- cut at 2" From My Kitchen pg. 77
Blue & White paper if from DKWV  Nanas Kitchen Stack
Plaid paper is from 



I am working on more and will post as I finish them.

5 comments:

  1. What a cute project, Elaine. Love your recipe cards!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe book. Good idea to print them out. (I sooo need to get mine organized)
    Jani
    papercompulsions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat project. I so need to organize my recipes.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit me, and leaving your comments.